An Introduction to the Health Information Exchange
The HealtHIE Nevada health information exchange (HIE) provides electronic connection among physicians, hospitals, labs and other health care organizations. Patient encounters, medication information, medical images, test results and care summaries are delivered instantly, accurately and securely when and where they are needed, instead of waiting for faxes or mail, allowing you to focus on the patient at the point of care.
- Does your staff spend valuable time looking for patient records?
- Do you feel held up by long wait times while expecting patient information?
- Are your patients repeating costly and unnecessary tests?
- If you’ve answered YES to any of these questions, HealtHIE Nevada can help!
Our HIE can improve the quality of care you deliver by reducing time spent searching for medical records, mitigating duplicate testing and facilitating better care coordination, all of which increase patient satisfaction and help achieve better health outcomes.
HealtHIE Nevada is a private, nonprofit, community-based HIE dedicated to connecting health care organizations by managing real-time, secure and accurate exchange of clinical information.
We operate throughout the entire state and are the only open HIE available to the entire Nevada health care community.
- All settings are able to participate
- Save staff time spent faxing, phoning and emailing for results – now you can get them in one-location
- Greatly enhance care coordination with a patient-centric approach, especially with emergency room visits
- Meet and exceed HIPAA privacy and security requirements
- Decrease length of hospital stays by decreasing delay of information
– Kathy McCoy,
Pinnacle Medical Group
– Dr. Christian Young,
Emergency Medicine Physician,
University Medical Center
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
HEALTHiE ALERTSReceive real-time notifications of important patient events.
HEALTHiE RESULTSReceive clinical data directly into your electronic health record.
HEALTHiE CONNECTQuery data in the HIE directly from your electronic health record.
HEALTHiE CHARTView patient records quickly and securely through a cloud-based clinical portal.
HEALTHiE IMAGESInstantly access and view patients’ diagnostic-quality images.
HEALTHiE MESSAGINGCommunicate secure direct messages to share patient information with other providers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of information is available?
HealtHIE Nevada provides encounters, laboratory results, radiology reports, images, transcribed reports and care summaries.
Is there a cost for participating?
Yes, there is a monthly cost that is determined by your setting and size. Speak with an account manager for more information.
Can HealtHIE Nevada connect to my electronic health record (EHR)?
Yes, your EHR can send data to the HIE and receive data with the right HL7 interface.
Is information contained by HealtHIE Nevada secure?
Yes! Securing protected health information (PHI) is extremely important to us, and we meet or exceed all state and federal health privacy and security laws. Our technology solution vendors employ the most current security safeguards and regularly evaluate, monitor and respond to security concerns.
Who are HealtHIE Nevada’s participants?
New participants connect each week! Contact us for the most up-to-date list or view on the web at healthienevada.org/ participants.
– Alicia Snipes-Taylor,
EHR Department Manager, Nevada Orthopedic and Spine Center
HealtHIE Nevada can:
- Improve coordination of care
- Reduce hospital readmissions
- Enhance patient outcomes
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Decrease duplicate testing and procedures
Get on the road to true interoperability!Contact your HIE account manager today!
505 E Windmill Ln., Suite 1C
Las Vegas. NV 89123
(855) 484-3443 | www.healthienevada.org